My Counselling Service has been established for many years offering Private Practice, NHS Primary Care provision and Employment Assisted Programmes contracts. Over the past few years NHS service provision has expanded to include a wider network of NHS services covering a large area of Devon under the name of Counsellors Southwest, from which I have just stepped back from being a founding Director to concentrate on my private business.
- I am a British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy Accredited & Registered Counsellor and subscribe to the BACP Code of Ethics & Practice. As an individual member of the BACP, I am subject to its Complaints Procedure.
- I have spent many years working within NHS practices and as an EAP (Employee Assisted Programme) practitioner, as well as committing to my Private Practice, which takes me all over the Country.
- I’m IARTT trained (The International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy).
- I tutored at Devon Counselling College in Newton Abbot for over 10 years and still run workshops there.
- I carry Professional Indemnity Insurance and receive regular supervision from a fully qualified and experienced Counselling Supervisor.
- I also provide Supervision to Individuals, groups & Organisations.
As a Therapeutic Counsellor my beliefs originate from a Carl Rogers – Person Centred approach. However, I am also influenced by and integrate other, quite diverse, theories such as CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Solution Focused Therapy. I believe that the presenting issues of each individual client determine the most suitable therapeutic method.
Through my life experience and training, in both counselling and life coaching, I have gained a broad understanding of issues such as low self-esteem, feelings of dis-empowerment, excessive worry, guilt and anger and difficulty in relationships. I have also developed a wide range of knowledge of issues associated with stress, abuse, loss and bereavement.